Main functions of the office are implementation of coordination and monitoring of activities of the executive branch of the Government of Georgia on European and Euro-Atlantic integration.
These activities include:
EU Integration Coordination:
- Coordination of activities on the European integration of the Government of Georgia, ministries and other state agencies;
- Assistance to approximation of Georgian legislation to the EU Law;
- Coordination of the EU assistance and programmes.
European Integration Coordination Department:
- Coordinates and monitors the European Neighbourhood Policy Action Plan/Implementation of the EU-Georgia Association Agreement;
- Assists and coordinates the cooperation in the framework of the EU's Eastern Partnership including the coordination and the monitoring of the EaP Multilateral and Bilateral Road Maps;
- Coordinates the cooperation with the EU in the framework of Mobility Partnership initiative;
- Executes functions of the Secretariat of the State Commission on Georgia's European Integration;
- Assists the approximation of Georgia and EU political, business and non-governmental circles.
EU Programmes Coordination Department:
- Coordination with the EU and line ministries the process of preparation and follow-up of international agreements and other regulatory documents related to the EU funded programmes and projects as well as National and Regional Indicative Programmes and the Annual Action Plans;
- Supervising and regular updating of a complete data base of ongoing and planned EU assistance programmes and projects.
- Organisation of regular presentations of ongoing EU projects for the State Minister on European and Euro-Atlantic Integration and as a result monitoring of the EU projects implementation.
- Providing beneficiary institutions with practical assistance regarding guidelines, rules and procedures for the access and management of the EU programme and support them in drafting project proposals, project fiches, terms of reference, monitoring reports and other documents associated with the EU aid modalities;
NATO Integration Coordination:
- Elaboration and coordination of implementation of Annual National Program;
- Cooperation with NATO under the framework of NATO-Georgia Commission;
- Informing NATO Member States about the events in Georgia;
- Assisting with NATO information center activities.
NATO Integration Coordination Department:
- Coordination and monitoring of the Government's executive branch activities with regard to Euro-Atlantic integration;
- Coordination and monitoring of the Annual National Program implementation;
- Executing secretarial functions for the State Commission on Euro-Atlantic integration;
- Cooperation with the respective offices of the leading nations of the world in the process of Georgia's Euro-Atlantic integration;
- Studying and analyzing the experience of the Eastern European and new member states;
- Cooperation with international and non-governmental and scientific-research centers with the goal of public information.
Main function of the Administration is the communication support of the State Minister and Deputy Ministers, organizing their meetings, managing correspondence, classified correspondence, preparing and processing Ministerial decrees, managing human resources, coordination of the process of preparation of information, analytical documents and speech for the State Minister, control over implementation of tasks by the State Minister.
Public Relations Department:
Conducts dissemination of information concerning the integration process and public information on European and Euro-Atlantic integration by means of mass media, including global media:
- Highlighting the course of Euro-Atlantic integration process intensively;
- Cooperation with representatives of mass media, non-governmental sector and academia, including:
- Organizing trainings for journalists;
- Organizing conferences, discussions, seminars and round table talks for media, government and non-governmental sector;
- Organizing lectures, seminars and competitions about the EU and NATO affairs at the educational establishments:
- Assisting to functioning of the Information Center on NATO and EU;
- Organizing cooperation and meetings with the Public Advisory Councils under the Office of State Minister on the EU and NATO affairs;
- Information support to the European digest;
- elaborates and implements the strategy on providing the information to citizens about the activities carried out by the Office;
- Within its competence prepares and disseminates informational-analytical materials on Georgia-NATO and Georgia-EU cooperation;
- Ensures functioning of the official website of the Office and official webpages within social networks.